Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Heart is Blue

I first saw this heart quilt at Blue Elephant Stitches and immediately fell in love with it.  I wanted to make it in a bigger size as a quilt but me, math and measurements..bleh, I figured it out but was a little too afraid to actually jump in and do it in fear that it would be off.. so I put it aside, until I saw A Crafty Fox did the same quilt but much larger (go check hers out..so pretty)  I decided it was doable and I started on it that same night and got it pieced within a week...HOWEVER..this thing is monstrous! I was not expecting it to be THAT big and I am not sure if it is the batting I have or if I am doing something wrong or if it is just tooo big for me, but it keeps bunching in the back and things keep going one direction while I am trying to go another.. and it's all pinned.  So I've put it aside again, and if anyone has any suggestion on quilting something so big on a home machine... please feel free to let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment